Eden Hazard has admitted he could leave Chelsea this summer after six years at the club.
Speaking after Belgium’s third place finish at the World Cup, Hazard said “it might be time to discover something different”.
This comes as Real Madrid are in the market for a forward following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.
While Los Blancos have recently denied making a world-record bid for Paris Saint-Germain attacker Neymar, they remain heavily linked to Hazard.
Speaking after Belgium’s 2-0 win over England, Hazard told Belgian outlet HLN: “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different.
“Certainly after this World Cup. I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision – if they want to let me go. You know my preferred destination.”
Hazard has also previously said he would wait for clarity over the future of former boss Antonio Conte before making a decision over his future. Chelsea appointed Maurizio Sarri as their new head coach on Saturday.
He added: “We knew already for a while that Sarri was going to become the new manager. If he’s a good manager? If he lets me win trophies, yes.
The Belgian playmaker is also a target of Spanish champions Barcelona who reportedly tabled an $80 million bid for him.