Security operatives on Monday urged Nigerians to ignore the September 14, 2018 planned sit-at-home by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and asked people to go about their normal businesses without fear of any molestation.
This came after the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, cited the discovery of more bodies of victims of Operation Python Dance 2, killed last year by the Nigerian Army in mass graves in Abia State as the reason they are calling for general strike on September 14, Vanguard writes.
Making their position known, IPOB said “At a time when we are still burying those Operation Python Dance 2 killed and dumped in mass graves across Biafraland in September 2017, here we are today with Nigeria military once again poised to invade the South East, to slaughter the weak and innocent in their annual genocidal ritual in the name of yet another Operation Python Dance 3.”
Addressing reporters after a closed –door meeting of high powered security operatives that included the Army, Police, Civil Defense, Immigration, Department of State Services, DSS, among others at the police headquarters in Awka, the Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Garba Umar described IPOB as an illegal organisation and therefore had no right to give order to anybody.
He said: “IPOB is an illegal organization. We are therefore appealing to members of the public that on no account should they be intimidated or harassed into succumbing to the threat of IPOB. They plan to embark on sit-at-home on September 14, 2018, but the security agencies are ready for any eventuality.
“We urge members of the public to go about their lawful businesses as they will be adequately protected. The issue of calling for a referendum on the 8th of this month or thereabout and the September 14 sit –at- home order by IPOB will not be tolerated.”
But IPOB is vehement on the proposed strike Sepember 14, with its spokesman, Comrade Emma Powerful , saying “No sane society or a people worth their salt will tolerate such brazen conquest and humiliation.”