Saha Backs Mourinho, Slams Pogba over Comments

Former Manchester United and France striker Louis Saha on Tuesday criticised French midfielder Paul Pogba for speaking out and undermining manager Jose Mourinho with his ‘attack, attack, attack’ comments.

In the wake of United’s 1-1 draw with Wolves at home last month, Pogba caused shockwaves when he said United should be more attacking at home.

Not one to back down from a fight, Mourinho consequently removed him as the club’s vice-captain, saying he would never wear the armband again.

And his compatriot Saha, who played for the club between 2004-08, told Reuters the 25-year-old should keep his thoughts private.

“I think he (Pogba) has done it on purpose, and I don’t think that is right,” Saha said.

“It’s the wrong communication, it puts pressure on the manager… with those talks you should do it in the dressing room with your manager.

“You know that people will question about it, so don’t do it. This is my opinion and I would have said that to him, I would say ‘no, that’s not something to say because you are not the manager.'”

 

, ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *