Rapper Tekashi 69 Denied Bail as Judges Calls Him a “Flight Risk”

Tekashi is not getting out of the slammer anytime soon.

According to TMZ, the rapper appeared in court yesterday for his bail hearing in New York and it was denied by a judge who felt he might flee the country if he’s let out of jail before his extradition to Texas.

Recall that the rapper was declared a wanted man in Houston, Texas, after he allegedly choked a 16-year-old kid at the Galleria Mall. The alleged victim, Santiago Albarran, claimed he ran into Tekashi and started recording him and the upset rapper turned around and began to yell at him to erase the video. The victim claimed Tekashi grabbed him by the neck as his bodyguards surrounded him in an intimidating way.

Albarran said he erased the video so he wouldn’t get hurt again, however another eyewitness had recorded the incident and so shared it on social media. The video shows Tekashi and Albarran in a scuffle with Tekashi grabbing his jacket.

The rapper was arrested two days ago, months after the warrant for his arrest was issued, as he got off the plane in New York City.

And yesterday, he and his team appeared in court for his bail hearing.

Here’s how it all went down in court, according to TMZ:

“The rapper pleaded for mercy, telling the judge he’s learned his lesson while sitting behind bars for a day … and added, he needs to support his mother and other family members. The judge wasn’t having it and pointed out Tekashi was just in Europe … and didn’t appear to be taking the Texas case seriously.

Also, Tekashi took a plea deal in a child sex case which requires him to keep his nose clean. The judge told him that getting arrested multiple times since then hardly upholds his end of the deal.

Bottom line … no bail granted, and Tekashi will remain locked up until his July 20 hearing, prior to his extradition to Texas.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *