The shortlist for this year’s Mercury Prize has been revealed and the strong list reflects the best of British albums.
According to Complex, the 12 albums selected by an independent judging panel was revealed at a live launch in London by BBC Music’s Huw Stephens. And it includes Sons of Kemet, Everything Is Recorded, Wolf Alice, and Lily Allen who receives her first Mercury nomination for her fourth album, No Shame.
The award ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 20 at the Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith.
Check out the full shortlist for the 2018 prize below:
- Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino
- Everything Everything – A Fever Dream
- Everything Is Recorded – Everything Is Recorded
- Florence + The Machine – High As Hope
- Jorja Smith – Lost & Found
- King Krule – The Ooz
- Lily Allen – No Shame
- Nadine Shah – Holiday Destination
- Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – Who Built The Moon?
- Novelist – Novelist Guy
- Sons of Kemet – Your Queen Is A Reptile
- Wolf Alice – Visions of a Life