After much speculation and nail-biting wait, Apple finally unveiled the new iPhone 11 range.
The online, and in tech circles, has been about the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Max.
Here’s a breakdown of Apple’s latest product, including price, specifications, and release date.
- The iPhone 11 will cost £729/$699 and hit stores on September 20
- You can pre-order it from September 13, at Apple.com
- It launched alongside the more expensive iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- It will run iOS 13 software out of the box
- There are two 12-megapixel sensors on the back, with the second one there for ultra wide-angle shots
- It’s powered by Apple’s new A13 Bionic chip, which Apple claims is the most powerful ever on a smartphone
- The iPhone 11 is basically a successor to the iPhone XR, with a few choice new upgrades; for instance, there are now two camera sensors on the back rather than just one. The secondary camera shoots wide-angle photos, and you can easily jump between the two sensors even when shooting video. Apple claims you’ll get the highest quality video ever on a smartphone.
- Apple also claims that the new A13 Bionic chipset inside the phone delivers a best-ever standard both for general performance and graphics. In order to show this off, we were shown a demo of Pascal’s Wager, a new iOS-exclusive game that looks a lot like Dark Souls, and we were instantly impressed by how impressive it looks in action (even though we’re a little more sceptical of the gameplay).
- When it comes to design, the iPhone 11 looks almost exactly like the iPhone XR. So what has changed? Well first off you’ve got a few new colours – six in total, including a rather fetching shade of purple. Apple’s also added much-desired water resistance, claiming you can now submerge the device in 2m of water for 30 minutes.
- Apple didn’t talk much about the display, and there’s a reason for that: it’s more or less the same as the iPhone XR. Measuring 6.1-inches across, it even packs the same resolution too (828 x 1792).
Check out a demo of the new iPhone 11 below.