Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Thursday left on a visit to “brotherly Arab countries”, state media said.
It is his first official trip abroad since the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey.
Prince Mohammed will visit a “number of” Arab states at the request of his father, King Salman, the royal court said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency, without specifying the countries to be visited.
The visit comes as the crown prince’s message of reform to the western world is torpedoed following Khashoggi’s murder.
US president Donald Trump earlier this week admitted that the powerful crown prince could be behind the gruesome murder of Khashoggi.
The American leader however stated that the special relationship between both countries would not be affected – a statement that has drawn a heavy backlash at home.