One Killed, Houses Razed as Boko Haram Raid Borno Village

One person was reportedly killed after suspected Boko Haram insurgents attacked Kala village, opposite the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Dalori, Borno State.

This was confirmed by an official of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Mr Bello Dambatta, who in a chat with Channels TV said the deceased was set on fire by the insurgents who injured another man during the attack which occurred late Sunday.

According to Mr. Dambatta, the Head of SEMA Rapid Response Team, the terrorists also burnt down some houses in the village.

He added that officials of the agency were already at the scene while the injured victim had been evacuated to the Specialist Hospital in the state capital, Maiduguri.

The attack on Kala Village comes bare 24 hours after the Nigerian Army said the Islamist jihadists had been completely defeated.

The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, stated this on Saturday at the inauguration of the Nigeria-Cameroon Military Joint Mission in Maiduguri.

“My soldiers are in the heart of Boko Haram enclave that is Camp Zairo. The gallant troops have taken total control of Sambisa forest. We have broken the heart and soul of Shekau’s group, taking over the camp and its environs,” he had said.

Major General Nicholas went further to state that the terrorists were “on the run and we are pursuing them to wherever they go.”

Well, this comes as reality check for the army…even as millions of Nigerians continue to battle with the menace of insecurity.

 

, ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *