In a bid to ensure a hitch-free tournament, officials of the Nigeria Football Federation have confirmed that they have met their financial obligations to the ahead of the Mundial.
This was confirmed by NFF President Amaju Pinnick, who said Saturday that the Glass House was excited that the strong effort they put in at ensuring a great tournament has paid off, Vanguard writes.
“We are glad that our efforts and relationship with FIFA has always paid off. We were also then able to raise $800,000 in addition which gave the federation the exact amount needed to prosecute the World Cup and the remaining pre-World Cup games,” he said.
“We are confident now that without any distraction, the players can concentrate with Nigerians and fans of the Eagles see the most organised outing so far.”
Apart from securing the needed cash for the Russia 2018 outing, the NFF is also ready with the appearance fees for the games against DRC Congo in Port Harcourt this month and the prestige game against the Three Lions of England at Wembley Stadium.
The current NFF board led by Pinnick has in the last three years worked assiduously at eliminating all forms of disagreements and distractions with the players following the fallout of the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup in Brazil where the players were caught in open rebellion over allowances/bonuses.